The Protection
Your Car Deserves

You could save money, get better cover, or both.

UK Based


We understand the unique needs of UK residents. Whether you use your new to life insurance, or looking for a better plan we can find the right cover for you.

Saving the Day


At ShieldWise, we match you with a certified provider for optimal life insurance that could save you money, give you better cover, or both.

Trusted Experts


Our expert advisors take the time to get to know you better. We work with you to understand your needs and then recommend the best, customized cover.

The Wiser Choice

Any Credit Accepted

Fee Free

We are committed to helping you get the insurance cover you need at no cost to you

Any Credit Accepted

Quick & Simple

Find cover from anywhere, at any time. Our application takes less than 3 minutes to complete.

Any Credit Accepted

All Online

Get the best cover options from the comfort of home. Skip the hassle of waiting in line.

Any Credit Accepted

Stress Free

No deadlines, contracts, or obligations. Simply apply online and we’ll do the rest.

What is a no-claims bonus?

A no-claims bonus (NCB), sometimes called a no-claims discount, is a car insurance discount recognised by insurance providers. It's a count of the number of years you haven't made a claim on your car insurance policy.
For every year you drive without making a claim on your policy, you earn a no-claims bonus. The benefit of a NCB usually plateaus at five years, but some companies offer further discounts for six or more years. The amount of discount this qualifies you for tends to vary from insurer to insurer.

Can two people have two different insurance policies on one car?

No, there can only be one policy per car. However, if more than one person will be driving the car, extra people can be added to the policy as a named driver.

Will the annual mileage I do affect the price of my quote?

Generally, yes – the price of your quote will change if you alter the annual mileage. Your mileage is taken into account by your insurer, and they use this figure along with many other factors to calculate your premium. Make sure you’re as accurate as possible, as underestimating your mileage could invalidate a future claim.

What should I check with my insurer before I travel abroad?

It’s always a good idea to speak with your insurer before you travel abroad, not only to let them know you are driving abroad, but also to clarify anything you need before you leave. Things to check with your insurer include: The level of cover you have and whether that same level of cover is provided for the country you’re visiting. The length of time your insurance policy is valid. Most insurers have a cut-off limit of 30 days; if you are expecting to be travelling in your car for over a month you may need to pay an additional premium. If you have breakdown cover for the UK, it’s worth checking if this can be extended to Europe. If you need a green card, or any other documentation to prove you are insured in the country you're visiting.

What difference will it make to my quote if my car is kept on my driveway or in a garage?

If your car’s kept in a garage overnight, it’s better protected and less likely to be stolen or damaged than cars parked in the street. Where your vehicle is kept at night is one of the factors taken into account by your insurer when calculating a premium. Stating your car is always kept in the garage overnight could impact on a theft claim if your vehicle is left in the street overnight.

What is legal cover and why would I need it?

Legal expenses cover (LEC) generally covers you for matters not dealt with on your car insurance policy in the event of a non-fault claim. Some examples are: Reclaiming your excess from the responsible party if you have a comprehensive policy. Reclaiming the vehicle damage if you have a third party policy. Dealing with compensation for any injury sustained in a motor accident, and any hire car costs (within reason) that you may have incurred.

What is the difference between comprehensive and third-party, fire & theft levels of cover?

All insurance policies are needed to cover any damage you cause to an innocent third party – whether it’s to a vehicle, property or personal injury. Third-party, fire & theft covers you for this, the theft of your vehicle, and damage caused by fire or attempted theft. Comprehensive cover protects you in the event of an accident to a third party, and against both fire and theft – but it also covers your car against accidental damage.

Can you change insurers if there's an outstanding claim going on?

It is possible to change insurance providers even if you have an ongoing accident claim. If you wish to get an insurance policy with a new provider but you have a claim which is still ongoing, you’ll need to note the claim when signing with your new policy.

Can you get car insurance if the car is in someone else's name?

You can obtain insurance in your name if you aren’t the owner of the car, as long as you note this on your policy. Make sure you check the policy documents to ensure the driver has right level of cover.

Does the policyholder have to be the main driver?

Generally, insurance policies are set up with the policyholder also being the main driver of the car. It’s worth noting that it’s illegal for anyone other than the main driver to be placed as the policy holder, this is ‘fronting’.
It's always advisable to contact the insurance provider you’re interested in before taking out cover. This way you can make them aware of the situation, and ensure you’re suitably protected.

Get Wiser Car Insurance Cover

The best insurance matcher in the UK